Howard County General Hospital: A Member of Johns Hopkins Medicine is a not-for-profit hospital and health care provider located in Columbia, Maryland. The hospital’s Wellness Center, located on two levels of the Medical Pavilion at Howard County medical center, provides outreach and education to the Howard County community by offering a wide range of classes, screenings and fitness programs both in the Wellness Center and in community settings throughout the area. Programs are open to community residents of all ages and ethnicities and focus on prevention and early detection. Wellness needs address the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual aspects of health. The mission of Howard County General Hospital is to provide the highest quality of care to improve the health of our entire community. The Wellness Medical Center is an integral component of this mission. Specific services include:
- Wellness Programs
- Health ScreeningsAnne Arundel Co Wellness center, Howard County Medical Pavilion
- Health Fairs
- Speaker’s Bureau
- Business Programs
- School Partnerships
- Physician Referral
- Healthy Families Howard County
- Let Go of Tobacco Smoking Cessation Programs
- Age Well Senior Exercise
- Community Support Group and Program Co-sponsorships
- Community Cardiovascular Project (a faith community blood press screening program)
- Mall Milers (indoor walking program)
Find the Wellness Center in the Medical Pavilion:
1. Suite 100 houses the center’s largest conferences rooms where most classes occur. To reach Suite 100, enter the building from the first floor, make a right and proceed to the second door on the left.
2. Suite G010, located on the ground floor, features staff offices and a clinical conference room.
For more information on our Wellness Center please visit www.hcgh.org/events or
call us at (410) 740-7601.