CENTRAL MARYLAND UROLOGY ASSOCIATES
Serving the Howard County Community for Over 30 Years.
Central Maryland Urology Associates (CMUA), the founding practice of community urology in Howard County, delivers personalized physician care in a new, state-of-the-art medical facility conveniently located on the campus of Howard County General Hospital (HCGH). Our group of seven board certified doctors and urologic surgeons provide the following urologic medical/surgical services:
– Male and female incontinence treatment
– Bladder disorder and kidney cancer treatments
– Kidney stone evaluation within 24 hours
– Male infertility evaluation
– Prostate disorder and cancer treatment
– Male sexual dysfunction evaluation
– Minimally invasive surgery
CMUA was an early adopter of the electronic health record (EHR) to capture and organize each patient’s vital medical information as well as facilitate the fast exchange of notes, test results, and prescription requests with primary care physicians and pharmacists. The EHR also provides urologists with immediate access to medical records, greatly enhancing their ability to treat patients during non-office hours and in emergency situations.
The Columbia Urological Surgery Center, an advanced outpatient facility with a full operating room designed to utilize the most current improvements in surgical technologies, is immediately adjacent to the CMUA office suite. The Center maintains full compliance with life safety codes and national credentialing organizations including the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC).
Our practice is comprised of a dedicated group of talented urologists and medical staff including:
- John J. Kishel, M.D., F.A.C.S., fellow of the American College of Surgeons, has been treating urologic cancer for over 30 years
- Marc B. Applestein, M.D., M.S.B. is the current Chairman of the Howard County General Hospital Department of Surgery and past President of the HCGH Professional Staff
- Brian Tully, M.D., proficient in the latest technology for treating BPH
- Alejandro Rodriguez, M.D. has advanced the use of laser technologies at HCGH
- Frank M. Nezu, M.D. is the current chairman of urology at HCGH
- Jennifer L. Bepple, M.D. focuses on female urology and minimally invasive surgery
- Kevin B. Blumenthal, M.D. is proficient in kidney stone diagnosis and treatment and HIFU for prostate cancer treatment.
For more information on Central Maryland Urology and how our practice can best meet all of your needs for urologic medical care, please call 410-772-7000 or refer to our website at www.cmua.net.